|MY EYE!! MY EYE!!!
Warning: This page contains spoilers that can spoil your experience for the Patapon games.
|Equipment||Spears, Pikes, Halberds, Horses, Warhorses|
|“||Pike Calvary class for the Archfiend of Humility and Modesty. Fillets the enemy front line with horseback pike attack. Fastest class of all!||”|
|— US In-game description.|
Gluttonous Buzzcrave is one of the seven Dark Heroes introduced in Patapon 3. He is the fifth Dark Hero encountered in the story mode and is considered the counterpart to both Kibadda and Pyokorider for his highly aggressive horseback combat style. Unlike the two Uberheroes, Buzzcrave can equip pikes to drastically increase his range and damage, allowing his to skewer entire crowds with ease.
Buzzcrave sports a purple mask in the form of a fly's head with antennae, large yellow eyes, and mandibles, and wears a purple cape by default.
Buzzcrave is linked to the Archfiend of Restraint and represents the Deadly Sin of Gluttony, which is the reason he looks like an insect. He frequently talks about devouring his foes, and is seen talking about eating a couple more of Zaknels and chewing on a Cyclops when he challenges the Uberhero.
Before becoming a Dark Hero, he and Slogturtle were once royal knights that served Prince Sonarch and King Ighl, which explains the reason why he calls the Uberhero "Sir," and his very formal way of speaking, especially to Sonarchy. In the last cut scene, Buzzcrave tries to help Sonarchy against Miss Covet-hiss, jumping in front of the prince while requesting him to escape. Sonarchy stays, however, and requests Slogturtle to take Buzzcrave and flee quickly from the place.
Buzzcrave can be equipped with:
- Helms by default.
- Spears, Pikes, and Halberds by default.
- Horses and Warhorses by default.
Dark Uberhero Mode: Burning Fly
|“||Take this vermins! Flies of Flame!||”|
- "Summon 20 flame flies which seek out their targets and dive-bomb like angry torpedoes."
During Burning Fly, Buzzcrave summons 20 flaming flies that rain down in a barrage of small explosions. The flies inherit the properties of Buzzcrave's weapons, meaning can freeze opponents if a ice-based weapon is used. Using a piercing weapon, such as Dokaknel's Fang, will allow the flies to pierce structures and enemies.
Upon activation, Buzzcrave will shout, (「バーニングフライ」?; Burning Fly!)
As with all Class Skills, each skill requires 100,000 experience to master. The amount of experience gained is dependent on the skill.
Buzzcrave can equip up to four Set Skills.
|Agile Attack||Doubles movement speed during attack.||Reach level 32|
|Pike Attack 1||40% boost to attack power when equipped with pike. Effect halved for other weapons.||Reach level 34|
|Pike Attack 2||60% boost to attack power when equipped with pike. Effect halved for other weapons.||Reach level 36|
|Pike Attack 3||80% boost to attack power when equipped with pike. Effect halved for other weapons.||Reach level 38|
|Peerless Fly||Adds sound element to attacks. Also, triples stagger rate.||Reach level 40|
- Unlike other horseback classes, Buzzcrave can wield pikes to significantly increase his range and damage.
- Buzzcrave's mask may be a reference to the demon Beelzebub, the Lord of Flies, who is also the demon of Gluttony.
- Though Buzzcrave represents Gluttony, he is never seen eating anything in-game. However, he does make remarks to having eaten prior to his appearances.
- Strangely, the in-game description for Buzzcrave states that he is a class for the Archfiend of Humility and Modesty. In reality, the Archfiend of Restraint should only be Modesty, as Humility would be for the Archfiend of Justice.
- In most campaign missions, Buzzcrave is seen using the Battachin Set. He will always be riding Ponteo the Victorious.
- In the Russian version, he is considered as a female, like Miss Covet-Hiss.
- The Rush 'Em class skill is identical to Kibadda's Assault Hits 4.
- In early development, Buzzcrave used the Pointidon pike as a weapon.
- If Buzzcrave is frozen during his Burning Fly, it will spawn hundreds of them, and the game will eventually freeze due to having too many objects on the screen.