|MY EYE!! MY EYE!!!
Warning: This page contains spoilers that can spoil your experience for the Patapon games.
|“||Beast Warrior class for the Archfiend of Valor. Attack with claws, destroy obstacles with boulders. Unstoppable regeneration.||”|
|— US In-game description.|
Madfang Ragewolf (「ぶちぎれファンギル」?; Buchigire Fangiru) is one of the seven Dark Heroes introduced in Patapon 3. He is the first Dark Hero encountered in the story mode and is considered the counterpart to both Destrobo and Bowmunk for his destructive close-combat potential and self-preservation abilities. He can exclusively equip claws, which bolsters his stamina, critical and status rate, and resistances.
Ragewolf sports a reddish brown mask in the form a wolf's head with yellow eyes, and wears a navy cape by default.
Of the Seven Deadly Sins, Ragewolf represents Rage, and thus is linked to the Archfiend of Valor. In-game, he harbors a burning hatred for the Uberhero and the Patapons. He seems to be partnered with Naughtyfins and has shown affection towards her, on numerous occasions attempting to kill Uberhero in order to keep her safe, even setting aside his grudge with the Patapons to aid her when she failed.
Ragewolf is often aggravated by his companions, as in "Bird or Beast? Offense or Defense?", when he was irritated by fellow Dark Hero Standoffish Sonarchy. Unlike the other Dark Heroes that tried to protect their respective Archfiend, Ragewolf showed indifference to his ties to the Archfiend of Valor.
He always seems to be interested in Ancient Superweapon Org] and Superweapon Dahl. Org is located in the third floor of the Labyrinth of Restraint and Dahl on the eighth floor (Third floor of Depths of Gluttony), where he mounts it to fight the Patapons.
Ragewolf recovers some of his memories at one point. Sadly, this event leads to his downfall. After the player completes one of the quests after defeating the Archfiend of Adamance, the Dark Heroes find out about Ragewolf recovering his memory and Miss Covet-Hiss along with Standoffish Sonarchy command Slow-moving Slogturtle] and Gluttonous Buzzcrave to kill him, resulting in Ragewolf's death at the hands of his comrades.
Ragewolf can be equipped with:
- Helms by default.
- Arms and Claws by default.
Dark Uberhero Mode: Drill Punch
- "Move in close and hit with a one-two punch. Rapidly spinning arms rip apart enemies."
During Drill Punch, Ragewolf rushes up to the nearest enemy and delivers a single powerful strike, then retreats a short distance, only to strike them again with his other arm, then repeats the process. Ragewolf gains immunity to Knockback and Stagger while his Dark Uberhero mode is active.
Upon activation, Ragewolf will shout, (「ドリルパンチ」?; Drill Punch!)
As with all Class Skills, each skill requires 100,000 experience to master. The amount of experience gained is dependent on the skill.
Ragewolf can equip up to four Set Skills.
|Refuse to Lose||Receive only 1/3 of damage while HP is at 20% or less of total.||Reach level 32|
|Claw Boost||50% boost to attack power when equipped with claw. Effect halved for other weapons.||Reach level 34|
|Bolster||30% bonus to maximum HP!||Reach level 36|
|Final Spurt||Deal triple damage while HP is at 20% or less of total.||Reach level 38|
|Peerless Wolf||When attack triggers critical and hits enemy with 20% or less of max HP, that enemy dies instantly.||Reach level 40|
- When using a charge attack, Ragewolf will lift and throw a boulder at enemies, similar to Destrobo.
- Ragewolf can throw two boulders with his charge attack if his attack speed is below 1.60.
- When using Flaming Claws, the boulder will become red and gain fire properties.
- When using Ice Arms, the boulder will become blue and gain freezing properties.
- Ragewolf boasts the highest stamina of all the classes, exceeding even Grenburr's stamina by thousands.
- Although Ragewolf is executed during the story, he is still seen on the third level of the Labyrinth of Restraint, piloting the Ancient Superweapon Org, as well as in Hyumitto the Baby Dragon, piloting the Ancient Superweapon Dahl. After his execution, Buzzcrave takes his place in the Arena of Valor, where the description mentions that Ragewolf has fled rather than executed. This leaves the possibility of Ragewolf surviving and taking refuge within the Labyrinth.
- Ragewolf may be Makoton due to his immense hatred of the Patapons, as well as several clues in the story seemingly leading to this.
- During the campaign, Ragewolf is immune to Fire.
- Ragewolf can be seen using Poison Claws instead of his original Flame Claws within Labyrinth of Restraint and Depths of Gluttony. However, since he pilots Ancient Super Weapons (Org and Dahl) in those levels, he doesn't use them directly against the player.
- During the campaign, Ragewolf, Naughtyfins and Sonarchy are the only Dark Heroes who will equip normal equipment. Other Dark Heroes will only use unique or super unique equipment.
- In "Total Ultrasonic Air Defense!", Ragewolf can be seen equipped with Demonic Dark Claws.
- Ragewolf, has a unique retreating animation out of all the Dark Heroes.
- The Bolster set skill is identical to Bowmunk's Stamina Boost 2 set skill.
- Using Naughtyfin's Flash Shower set skill will override Ragewolf's Regenerate class skill, causing it to gain no experience.