|MY EYE!! MY EYE!!!
Warning: This page contains spoilers that can spoil your experience for the Patapon games.
|Equipment||Greatswords, Axes, Clubs, Scythes|
|“||Giant Scythe class for the Archfiend of Earnestness. Crowd control using short-range attacks and mid-range tornado.||”|
|— US In-game description.|
RottenLee Ravenous (「がっつきビークス」?; Gattsuki Bīkusu) is one of the seven Dark Heroes introduced in Patapon 3. He is the fourth Dark Hero encountered in the story mode and is considered the counterpart to Grenburr for his use of heavy melee weapons to deal incredible damage. In addition to striking enemies at close range, Ravenous can conjure small and large tornadoes to deal with farther enemies and sweep up crowds.
Ravenous sports a blue mask in the form of a raven's head with large feathers on the sides, and wears a blue cape by default.
RottenLee Ravenous is linked to the Archfiend of Earnestness and represents the deadly sin of Greed, explaining his resemblance to a raven (an allusion to the common raven's propensity to hoard shiny objects). In game, he exhibits numerous avaricious tendencies; taking hostage of Mecha Hoshipon, for example, and calling it his "Rare Item", as well as frequently inquiring if something is rare. Although, in theme with the dichotomy of vice vs. virtue explored in-game, he also somewhat represents charity; as he directed the Ziggerzank to aid the Patapons in the battle, an arguably selfless gesture.
As the story progresses, it is revealed that he is the Zigoton general Gong The Hawkeye. The Archfiend of Earnestness had convinced him to don the mask, citing that if he did not accept it, someone greedy would take it in his stead. Gong accepted - begrudgingly - and was made a Dark Hero (ostensibly against his will). As his memory is recovered, he challenges the Uberhero to a final duel and loses. He then takes leave, sending the blueprints for an upgraded Ziggerzank to a nearby Zigoton outpost in order to assist the Patapons. The following stage has similar features to the mission "Parabola Of Hope" from Patapon 2, with the Zigotons arriving, controlling an enhanced version of the Ziggerzank to assist the player's units through the level.
Ravenous can be equipped with:
- Helms by default.
- Greatswords, Axes, Clubs, and Scythes by default.
Dark Uberhero Mode: Gong Tornado
|“||Twisting Pillar of Hatred. Dark Tornado!||”|
- "Forms giant tornadoes which advance while tossing foes into the air and causing widespread destruction."
During Gong Tornado, Ravenous whips a massive tornado that travels across the entire battle field, sending enemies flying into the air. The tornadoes remain active for a considerable distance, and are tall enough to be completely unavoidable. Although the damage is mediocre, the tornadoes can severely disrupt enemy formations by throwing them upward and hampering their movement. When equipped with a fire-based weapon, or when the Fire Tornado Class Skill has been unlocked, the tornadoes become engulfed in fire; setting foes on fire and igniting the terrain.
Upon activation, Ravenous will shout, "Gong Tornado!"
As with all Class Skills, each skill requires 100,000 experience to master. The amount of experience gained is dependent on the skill.
Ravenous can equip up to five Set Skills.
|Scythe Attack 1||30% boost to attack power when equipped with a scythe. Effect halved for other weapons.||Reach level 32|
|Desperado||Desperate times, desperate measures! Damage inflicted +50%. Damage received +100%.||Reach level 34|
|Samurai Soul||Boost weapon level by 3.||Reach level 36|
|Scythe Attack 2||50% bonus to attack power when equipped with a scythe. Effect halved for other weapons.||Reach level 38|
|Peerless Crow||Boosts maximum attack power in the amount of minimum attack power (min. attack power remains the same)||Reach level 40|
- Gong Tornado has the longest range of any attack in Patapon 3. In addition to traveling an extreme distance, the height of the tornadoes makes them unavoidable even with the DonDon song.
- With sufficient attack speed, Ravenous can let loose an impenetrable wall of tornadoes.
- After Ravenous: Duel of Fate, selecting to correct option during the encounter with Ravenous will allow the Ziggerzank to aid the Patapons in the next story mission.
- In Japanese, kamaitachi (鎌イタチ) literally means scythe weasel.
- Ravenous can use four different types of weapons, the highest amount among all the Dark Heroes.
- Ravenous and Alosson share a set skill: Desperado.
- Ravenous and Oohoroc have a set skill that, while with different names, gives the same bonus (Samurai Soul and Weapon +3, respectively).
- In early development, Ravenous' signature scythe was originally intended to be the Deathsoul Scythe.
- Depending on the game's region, Ravenous' Scythe slightly varies in appearance.