Sabara (Barsala in Patapon 1) are a type of Rarepon present in Patapon 1 and Patapon 2. These Rarepons are cyan and have large wings along a bird head, resembling a bird. Sabara have the highest critical ratios of any Rarepon and move reasonably faster than the average Rarepon. They also have good HP bonuses and overall damage. In Patapon 2, they gain a resistance to sleep effects.
Sabara are well-rounded Rarepons, having great bonuses in all areas and no explicit weakness. Although their damage is outclassed by Mogyu, their critical rate and speed produce more reliable and consistent damage. Because of their high critical ratio, Sabara are best paired with heavy hitters. Dekapons and Kibapons can take advantage of the increased movement speed to close in on enemies to deliver devastating blows.
In Patapon 1, Barsala are the highest level of Rarepons available, and can be created by combining two level 4 materials. They have the highest HP bonus of all the Rarepons, and are tied with Pyokora for having the fastest movement speed. They also have slightly increased ignite and sleep rates.
- +150 HP (+300 for Dekapons)
- +50% movement speed
- +20% faster attack speed
- +10 / +15 damage (+20 / +30 for Dekapons)
- +50% critical rate (+60% for Dekapons)
- +20% ignite and sleep rate (+10% for Dekapons)
In Patapon 2, Sabara grow into Baasara and Babassa, causing their wings to grow larger and bird-like feet to appear. They lose their faster attack speed, but gain a resistance to sleep effects, eventually becoming complete immune to it entirely.
|Level||Material 1||Material 2||Material 3||Material 4|
|1||Level 5 x1||Level 4 x1|
|2||Level 5 x1||Level 4 x1|
|3||Level 5 x1||Level 4 x1||Level 3 x1|
|4||Level 5 x1||Level 4 x1||Level 3 x1|
|5||Level 5 x1||Level 4 x2||Level 3 x1|
|6||Level 5 x2||Level 4 x2||Level 3 x2||Level 3 x1|
|7||Level 5 x2||Level 4 x2||Level 3 x2||Level 3 x1|
|8||Level 5 x2||Level 4 x2||Level 3 x2||Level 3 x1|
|9||Level 5 x2||Level 4 x3||Level 3 x3||Level 3 x2|
|10||Level 5 x2||Level 4 x3||Level 3 x3||Level 3 x2|
|Total||Level 5 x15||Level 4 x18||Level 3 x15||Level 3 x7|
In Patapon 3, Sabara make an appearance as the Charibasa Uberhero class. Charibasa is a Sabara Yaripon that carries a shield and rides upon a chariot. He balances offense and defense to guard against enemy attacks, before striking back with powerful criticals.
- In Patapon 2, the Subasara mask contains the powers of Sabara, providing improved critical rate and attack speed to the wearer.
- The large wings of a Babassa are used in the Patapon 3 logo.
- In Patapon 2, the descriptions of Sabara incorrectly state that they gain 1.2x attack speed.
- Being a heavy hitter, Babassa is a 9999-damage dealer to bosses when used as a Megapon Hero. Combine it with a Zuddongyu mask and divine equipment.