|MY EYE!! MY EYE!!!
Warning: This page contains spoilers that can spoil your experience for the Patapon games.
|“||Greatshield class for the Archfiend of Adamancy and Fortitude. Unparalleled stamina! Can learn ability which deflects enemy attacks.||”|
|— US In-game description.|
Slow-moving Slogturtle is one of the seven Dark Heroes introduced in Patapon 3. He is the sixth Dark Hero encountered in the story mode and is the counterpart to Guardira for his defensive skills with greatshields. Like Guardira, Slogturtle holds the frontline using his greatshield to defend against incoming attacks. However, Slogturtle is incapable of using any other equipment, meaning he plays a purely defensive role.
Slogturtle sports a black and green mask in the form of a spiked turtle shell with red eyes peering out from within, and wears a pale green cape by default.
Slogturtle is linked with to the Archfiend of Adamance and represents the Deadly sin of Indolence. He is the oldest of the Dark Heroes and is often seen retreating into his shell or lying down in the ground. He is linked to the Archfiend of Adamance and he will do anything he wants and he ignores doing work. When he talks, he sometimes says "...", showing that he is more of the silent (or lazy) type.
As the story progresses, it is revealed that Slogturtle and Buzzcrave were actually high generals of the ancient Ah-ooh civilization and he actually saved Prince Sonarch before. Apparently, the movement speed of Slogturtle increases as he retreats back into his helmet, as seen from several cutscenes that Sonarchy is actually riding him by standing on top on him while he retreats back into his shell.
When in battle, he says "Neh heh heh! Out of harm's way". He likes warm and dry areas rather than cold and wet areas.
Slogturtle can be equipped with:
- Helms by default.
- Greatshields by default.
Dark Uberhero Mode: Anti-Magic
|“||Deny the metaphysical! Anti Magic! [...] Neh heh heh... Out of harm's way!||”|
- "Creates a magic shell which totally nullifies non-melee magic attacks and status effects."
During Anti-Magic, Slogturtle manifests a green, turtle shell-like barrier around him to intercept projectiles. All allies within the barrier, including Slogturtle himself, are protected from most status effects and all magic-based attacks, including Fire, Ice, Lightning, Sound, Light, Darkness, and Poison. However, physical attacks, Knockback, and Criticals are unaffected and will damage Slogturtle as normal. Piercing magical attacks will not hurt Slogturtle, but will still harm others if they are inside barrier.
Upon activation, Slogturtle will shout, (「アンチマジック」?; Anti-Magic!)
As with all Class Skills, each skill requires 100,000 experience to master. The amount of experience gained is dependent on the skill.
Slogturtle can equip up to five Set Skills.
|Critical Parry||Halves damage received from criticals.||Reach level 32|
|Embolden||40% bonus to maximum HP!||Reach level 34|
|Antimass||Halves received crush damage.||Reach level 36|
|Helm Master||Boosts helm level by 3.||Reach level 38|
|Peerless Turtle||Doubles HP but also doubles received damage.||Reach level 40|
- As Slogturtle is incapable of equipping weapons, he must rely on his teammates to defeat enemies.
- Status resistances are not recommended for Slogturtle, as his Anti-Magic nullifies all status effects.
- During the campaign, Slogturtle is always equipped with a Bacteon Greatshield.
- Slogturtle's team card reveals his first name is Leadfoot.
- Slogturtle's mask resembles the "Giant Helmet 'Turtle'" from Patapon 2.
- The Duck and Cover & Return to Sender class skills are glitched and will gain no experience. Oddly, the Deep Sleep class skill functions normally and will gain experience as normal.
- A glitch may occur while activating Dark Uberhero Mode and dying simultaneously. When it occurs, Anti-Magic will spawn with you and will remain activated until Dark Uberhero mode is activated normally. However, the spawned Anti-Magic will reduce Slogturtle's defenses against melee attacks. After dying, Anti-Magic will stay where he died and block enemy attacks until he respawns again. Guardira has a similar glitch.