|Equipment||Swords, Blades, Spears, Shields|
|“||The basic shield class. This well-balanced unit holds the front lines and can attack with swords.||”|
|— US In-game description|
Taterazay (タテラーゼ) is a Tatepon Uberhero first introduced in Patapon 3. He is one of the three parent classes, the others being Yarida and Yumiyacha; the player chooses one of them at the beginning of Patapon 3, each one having separate abilities and attributes. Taterazay is a close-combat class with ample stamina and a powerful defense, capable of fending off approaching enemies and mitigating incoming damage. However, the short range of his sword makes him ill-suited for offensive situations.
Taterazay sports an orange mask and wears a light red cape by default. His default hairstyle is a curved ponytail with three strands.
Taterazay's mask remains the same as he evolves.
Taterazay is revived by Silver Hoshipon and the Almighty, once you play as him you march toward the sound of the Pata Drum where you find Hatapon praying to the Almighty for help, he joins you and you march back towards your petrified Patapon comrades where Silver Hoshipon will revive three Patapon warriors, Ton Yaripon, Chin Tatepon, and Kan Yumipon and he drops Ka-ching on the way. Hatapon will take Meden (still petrified) on the way.
- When Taterazay reaches level 3, Tondenga is unlocked.
- When Taterazay reaches level 5, Destrobo is unlocked.
- When Taterazay reaches level 7, Guardira is unlocked.
- When Taterazay and Guardira reach level 10, Bowmunk is unlocked.
- When Taterazay and Tondenga reach level 12, Grenburr is unlocked.
- When Taterazay reaches level 15, Yarida and Yumiyacha is unlocked, if the player has not already unlocked them (Uberhero only).
Taterazay can be equipped with:
- Helms by default.
- Swords and Shields by default.
- Blades at level 5.
- Spears at level 10.
Uberhero Mode: Energy Field
- "An invisible shield protects the entire team. Greatly reduces damage to the team. ~ Combines with other hero skills ~"
During Energy Field, Taterazay raises his shield and envelops the entire team in a protective aura, drastically reducing damage taken. Like the Tatepon Hero's "Energy Field" in Patapon 2, Taterazay remains in a defensive stance and will not attack during his Uberhero mode. If Taterazay is interupted by status effects, such as fire or sleep, the protective aura will cease until he returns to normal. Unlike its Heropon counterpart, units are not made invulnerable to damage and simply take reduced damage. During multiplayer with other Taterazay Uberheroes, multiple Energy Fields will stack multiplicatively; reducing damage taken to a minimum.
Upon activation, Taterazay will shout, "Muteppeki! (ムテッペキ)!"
As with all Class Skills, each skill requires 100,000 experience to master. The amount of experience gained is dependent on the skill. Taterazay's Class Skills will be inherited by Guardira and Tondenga. If Taterazay is an Uberhero, Kibadda, Piekron, and Charibasa will also inherit these skills.
Inherited Class Skills
|Guardira||Total immunity from stagger.|
|Guardira||Total immunity to knockback.|
|Guardira||Total immunity from sleep.|
|Guardira||Total immunity to poison.|
Taterazay can equip up to three Set Skills. At level 20, he can equip another Set Skill, for a total of four.
|Shields Boost 1||Shield evasion boosted by 10% when shield or greatshield is equipped. Maximum 50% evasion for shield, 70% evasion for greatshield.||Reach level 5|
|Shields Boost 2||Shield evasion boosted by 20% when shield or greatshield is equipped. Maximum 50% evasion for shield, 70% evasion for greatshield.||Reach level 15|
|March Defense||Defense while marching with PATA PATA PATA PON~ boosted by 50%.||Reach level 25|
|Peerless Shield||(Uberhero only) Shield evasion maximum increased by 15%, making maximum evasion 65% for shield, and 85% for greatshield.||Reach level 32|
- When selecting an Uberhero at the start of the game, Taterazay is the best choice for new players. As well as providing many defensive options the fact that he is a Taterazay-class unit gives him the Lifelink ability: a connection between Taterazay-class units and the Hatapon that makes the latter immune to all damage, which helps to cover the fact that Hatapon can be taken down extremely quickly as opposed to the past two games. Having two Taterazay-class units means that it will be incredibly hard for the enemy to take down Hatapon and essentially denies the possibility of suddenly failing a mission due to losing the Hatapon.
- Taterazay's Class Skills will affect any unit that carries a shield, even classes that belong to other class trees.
- During a Charged Attack, Taterazay will dash forward and deliver an uppercut strike.
- Consider developing Guardira alongside Taterazay, and vice-versa. Taterazay's Shield Evasion-boosting Set and Class skills help out Guardira and Guardira's Status effect blocking class skills help out Taterazay.
- Taterazay's Uberhero Mode can be made more powerful by equipping the Charibasa's Set Skills, Team Aid 1 and 2.
For more statistics, go to the Patapon 3 Uberhero Statistics page.
- Taterazay is the main Uberhero on the covers of all boxarts for Patapon 3 .
- Only Taterazay and Guardira have the ability to enlarge their shields.
- Taterazay is one of the only classes that can have total immunity for 6 different status immunities (with Fireblessed shield and DLC helmets) at the same time without the set skill "Peerless Deer". He shares these immunities with Guardira.
- Unlike other classes, Taterazay's Class Skills when fully leveled up can be passed on to five classes rather than one. (Tondenga, Guardira, Piekron, Kibadda, and Charibasa) This can be useful as Taterazay's Class Skills will make them more resistant to attacks. However, only Uberhero can only distribute class skills to other classes from different class trees, as Chin can only pass Class Skills to Tondenga & Guardira.
- A visual glitch occurs when Taterazay is in Hero Mode. When marching after activating Uberhero mode, Taterazay will slide forward instead of walking.
- Taterazay, Destrobo, and Guardira are the only classes in the game to shout when their charge attack is activated (Uberhero only).
- Taterazay and Piekron are the only 2 heroes in the game in which their Hero Modes affect allied units in a global range.