|Equipment||Clubs, Swords, Axes, Shields, Shoulderguards|
|Acquisition||Taterazay Level 3|
|“||With a weapon in each hand, these fearsome giants deal devastating damage.||”|
|— US In-game description.|
Tondenga is a Buhyokko Dekapon Uberhero first introduced in Patapon 3. Arguably one of the most powerful units, Tondenga boasts superb offensive and defensive capabilities. He is capable of equipping a wide variety equipment to further optimize his strengths and cover his weaknesses. However, as with all Taterazay-class units, Tondenga's power and durability is limited by his short range and slow speed.
Tondenga initially sports a peach mask in the form of a Buhyokko Rarepon and wears an purple cape by default.
As Tondenga evolves, his mask turns pink and gains additional details on his snout and ears, resembling a Buhyonku. Finally, the mask's colors intensify and the details become more defined, resembling a Puuhyonku.
Tondenga is at level 3 when unlocked, which is when Taterazay reaches level 3.
- When Tondenga and Destrobo reach level 8, Myamsar is unlocked.
- When Tondenga and Taterazay reach level 12, Grenburr is unlocked.
Tondenga can be equipped with:
- Helms by default.
- Clubs, Shoulderguards, and Shields by default.
- Swords at level 6.
- Axes at level 10.
Uberhero Mode: Giandeth
- "Spin violently with weapons splayed in this dramatic centrifugal attack. Inches forward while deflecting foes."
During Giandeth, Tondenga relentlessly swings his weapon in a circular fashion, obliterating enemies within range while also slowly inching forward. Like the Dekapon Hero's "The Hammer" in Patapon 2, Tondenga will continuously strike and move forward during his Uberhero mode with no concern with his own safety. Survivors are staggered and thrown back, while sturdier and larger enemies will be forced to take repeated strikes. Due to the slow movement speed, Tondenga is predisposed to take more damage from incoming projectiles and distant enemies. Giandeth will always strike at the same rate, regardless of Tondenga's attack speed.
Upon activation, Tondenga will shout, ""Gi-an-Deth! (ジャイアンデス)!"
As with all Class Skills, each skill requires 100,000 experience to master. The amount of experience gained is dependent on the skill. Tondenga's Class Skills will be inherited by Myamsar.
Inherited Class Skills
Energy Field 10%
|Taterazay||Skilled use of shield reduces melee damage by 10%!|
Energy Field 20%
|Taterazay||Adept use of shield reduces melee damage by 20%! Slight boost to Uberhero Skill Energy Field. Superior skill to Energy Field 10.|
Energy Field 30%
|Taterazay||Masterful use of shield reduces melee damage by 30%! Boost to Uberhero Skill Energy Field. Superior skill to Energy Field 20.|
Energy Field 40%
|Taterazay||Astounding use of shield reduces melee damage by 40%! Large boost to Uberhero Skill Energy Field. Superior skill to Energy Field 30.|
Energy Field 50%
|Taterazay||Ultimate shield-bearing Patapon! Reduces melee damage by 50%! Huge boost to Uberhero Skill Energy Field. Superior to Energy Field 40.|
Tondenga can equip one Set Skill. At level 20, he can equip another Set Skill, for a total of two. Mastering his "Set Skills" class skill unlocks an additional four slots, for a total of six.
|Extra Blubber||Doubles weight, which reduces the distance thrown back in Knockback.||Reach level 4|
|Club Attack||50% boost to attack power when equipped with a club. Effect halved for other weapons.||Reach level 8|
|Natural Disaster||Each attack has a chance of triggering an earthquake. Melee attack: 5%. Range attack: 1%.||Reach level 15|
|Strike Master||Affects strike attacks: Attack power +100% Knockback x1.2 Stagger x1.2||Reach level 25|
|Peerless Pig||(Uberhero only) Damage is halved when hit with slicing or bashing blows.||Reach level 32|
- Tondenga is considered to be the be-all-end-all unit of Patapon 3, and has few weaknesses. With his immense health and defense, wide array of weapons to use, incredibly strong Uberhero Mode, incredible offensive power, the amount of Set Skills he can use, and how easily he can be unlocked makes Tondenga usable in almost any situation.
- Giandeth's attack interval is in sync with the beat of the rhythm, so even when using slow weapons, Tondenga will always strike at every half-second intervals. Because of this, he can attack enemies faster than any other melee unit.
- Once Tondenga reaches level 10, equipping an axe will greatly improve his damage output and range compared to clubs and swords.
- As an Uberhero, equipping Cannassault's Peerless Deer Set Skill allows Tondenga to attack with reckless abandon during Giandeth without having to worry about status effects.
- The Strike Master Set Skill is a very useful Set Skill not only for Tondenga, but for other classes that rely on Strike (Destrobo) or who can wield dangerous Strike weapons (Grenburr, Cannassault). It synergizes very well with the Axe of Hanboon, boosting its already incredible damage output.
|3||0 - 5||614||2|
|4||0 - 8||845||3|
|5||0 - 12||1152||4|
|6||0 - 15||1536||5|
|7||0 - 19||1997||6|
|8||0 - 22||2534||7|
|9||0 - 26||3149||8|
|10||0 - 30||3840||9|
|11||0 - 34||4608||10|
|12||0 - 38||5453||11|
|13||0 - 42||6374||12|
|14||0 - 47||7373||13|
|15||0 - 51||8448||14|
|16||0 - 56||9600||15|
|17||0 - 61||10829||16|
|18||0 - 66||12134||17|
|19||0 - 71||13517||18|
|20||0 - 76||14976||19|
|21||0 - 82||16512||20|
|22||0 - 87||18152||21|
|23||0 - 93||19814||22|
|24||0 - 99||21581||23|
|25||0 - 105||23424||24|
|26||0 - 111||25344||25|
|27||0 - 117||27341||26|
|28||0 - 123||29414||27|
|29||0 - 130||31565||28|
|30||0 - 137||33792||29|
|31||0 - 143||36096||30|
|32||0 - 150||38477||31|
|33||0 - 157||40934||32|
|34||0 - 164||43469||33|
|35||0 - 172||46080||34|
|36||0 - 179||48768||35|
|37||0 - 187||51533||36|
|38||0 - 194||54374||37|
|39||0 - 202||57293||38|
|40||0 - 210||60288||39|
For more statistics, go to the Patapon 3 Uberhero Statistics page.
- Tondenga uses a shield, unlike in the previous Patapon games, where only Tatepons were able to use them.
- Tondenga, along with Myamsar and Yarida, is one of the few Uberheroes who can equip the most Set Skills, as he can equip 6 once he has mastered all of his Class Skills.
- During the credits, Tondenga is seen without a shield.
- This oddity is also seen on his Tip Card.
- Tondenga's charge attack, Cannassault's Hero Mode and the Natural Disaster set skill are the only ways you can tumble enemies. The Yamagami Djinn's flying meteors can also cause Tumble.
- Natural Disaster only activates when a hit connects and not when a hit is just let out.
- Interestingly, the missiles launched in Missile Battle are also affected by Natural Disaster, meaning there is a slim chance of Tumble occurring every time a missile hits anything.
- Tondenga is one of the few heroes whose Hero Mode is not affected by attack speed.
- Tondenga and Myamsar are the only Taterazay-class units to have 4 item slots.
- Tondenga's Peerless Pig Set Skill, like many others, has a confusing or misleading description. Despite it stating, "Damage is halved when hit with slicing or bashing blows." it does not halve damage. Instead, whatever damage you take from Slash and Strike attacks will cause half the damage you took to return to the attacker. For example: If a Taterazay were to inflict 20 damage on a Peerless Pig user, the assailant would receive 10 damage back.